Mission and Values
Related Content & Resources
Blog Post Subscription
The Mission of the Parent Teacher Association
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
The Purposes of the Parent Teacher Association
- To promote the welfare of the children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
The voice for children
- Not all decisions affecting a child’s school happen at the local level. That’s why, from day one, it has been the Mission of National PTA to address the needs of all children, in every school, in every state, across the entire nation. Even if you’re not a member, PTA still works for your child.
- PTA has the vision and determination to push for national education policies. We have been a driving force in establishing school lunch programs, after-school care, immunization programs, school bus safety, and TV rating standards before they became law.
- Today our government – relations staff is addressing the importance of parent involvement, safe and nurturing environments, and support for public schools.